Joining Bramshaw Juniors
The Management, Professionals and Committees at Bramshaw Golf Club are determined to ensure that our young golfers can enjoy a wide range of benefits, whilst playing golf in a supportive and friendly environment. We recognise that golf provides young people with many life skills and that they represent the future of the great game of golf that we all love. In this respect we want to ensure that we give young boys and girls the best possible start to their golfing lives. We believe the following package does just that.
The table below shows our Junior membership categories and annual subscriptions for the year commencing 1st April 2015. These are designed to encourage the values of ‘family’ golf and to encourage the younger golfer to join us at an even earlier age.
|Annual Subscriptions ||New Member ||@ Membership renewal |
|Individual Junior (age 12 & under)||£85* ||£85* |
|Individual Junior (age 13 to 17)||£105* ||£105* |
|Age 12 & under, where at least one parent or grandparent is currently a playing member||£75* ||£75* |
|Age 13 to 18, where at least one parent or grandparent is currently a playing member||£95* ||£95* |
*Includes voucher for £15 toward golf equipment/coaching in Bramshaw pro-shop
Benefits of Membership
As a young golfer in The Bramshaw Golf Club Academy, you will enjoy the dedicated and committed support of our Junior Committee through your formative years, providing you with an opportunity to learn all aspects of the game, not just technically but also in respect of course management, rules and etiquette. We encourage appropriate behaviour, e.g. fair play, honesty, integrity, respect and consideration for others; life skills which will help you through your later life. We will provide you with ample opportunities to make new friends, play competitive and/or social golf and help you develop at the pace that suits you. We will enable you to progress from a beginner to an established, experienced golfer through a number of steps designed to build your confidence in a safe environment.
- Competitions over a shortened course, with reduced number of holes i.e. depending on age and ability.
- A CONGU club handicap at the earliest possible time, based on 9 holes played.
- Practice drills to encourage continuous improvement leading to......
- A minimum of 35 internal junior competitions per annum for our junior golfers with CONGU handicaps.
- A shortcourse (blue tee/red tee) programme of competitions with a minimum of 20 events per annum for our younger, less experienced juniors with Club handicaps (up to 54).
- Structured learning for out younger golfers via the 'New' Junior Golf Passport Scheme.
- A summer league to encourage our young golfers to play regularly against and with other juniors in the section.
- A Three-Club Challenge with teams of 8 juniors representing Bramshaw against young golfers from Knighton Heath and Shanklin/Sandown, with legs played at all 3 clubs during the season and the Champions decided by means of cumulative stableford points over all 3 matches.
- A programme of friendly matches to meet new friends, play at other local golf clubs and learn matchplay skills in a supportive environment
- External competitions, as the young golfer progresses, selection for which is based on ability/handicap e.g. South West Hants Junior League, Hampshire Green Jackets and the Blackmoor Shield
- For the highly talented young golfer, there will be opportunities to progress through to involvement/coaching with the Hampshire County and beyond.
- Social events, including computer games night, skittles evening, quiz night (with parents involvement encouraged!)
- New from 2012 'Free Coaching' - for those junior members who are prepared to sign up to our 'Coaching Charter' and are committed to developing their game and take part in a number of club competitions, charity fund-raising, rules session etc.
We believe this package of benefits to be one of the best and most comprehensive available in Hampshire, and one that helps the beginner progress through modular learning phases to become an established, experienced golfer. We are not complacent though, and constantly review it ensure it remains so.
So, if you're considering joining a golf club for the first time, or changing golf clubs/joining another, why not give us a try - we will try to ensure that you enjoy your formative years playing this great sport.
Click here to complete and submit an on-line Junior membership Application Form or here to download and print a paper copy.
Bramshaw Golf Club Coaching Academy
We acknowledge that quality coaching for the young golfer is essential and that we must be mindful of the Safety and Welfare of young children who entrust themselves into the care of our Professionals and Junior Organisers. In this respect all coaches are qualified PGA professionals, have the appropriate insurance and, along with the Junior Organisers, are all DBS vetted (previously referred to as 'CRB checked'.
The "Starter’s" Programme & Benefits
- Use the nationally recognised Junior Golf Passport Scheme as the pathway
- Commence with Tri-golf equipment (for our youngest golfers) and then progress through the other 6 levels
- Deliver the coaching in 6-week modules coinciding with school terms, with one session of 1-hour per week
- Incorporate coaching on all aspects of the game i.e. short game, long game, bunkers, chipping and putting
- Ensure that the coach/participant ratio is no more than 1:6
- Offer unlimited access to the Club’s practice facilities during each 6-week coaching module being undertaken
- Include on-course experience, playing undr supervision by our Professional
- Conclude each module with a feedback session for parents on the Junior’s achievements and future development advice
- Allocate an official handicap (either Club or CONGU)
- Include tuition on the basic Rules of Golf, etiquette and behaviour etc. (based on the Golf Foundation’s Skills for Life)
The cost for each 6-week module is £30.
And after the "Starter" module
- Continue with progress through the 6 levels of the Junior Golf Passport via further 6-week coaching modules (the time taken will depend on individual ability and progress)
- Include a 3, 6 or 9-hole competition to provide competitive experience for the first time, including how to complete scorecards
- Conclude each module with a feedback session for parents on the Junior’s achievements and provide a bespoke personal development plan for those wishing to progress further