Bramshaw Junior Academy
The Management, Professionals and Committees at Bramshaw Golf Club are determined to ensure that our young golfers can enjoy a wide range of benefits, whilst playing golf in a supportive and friendly environment. We recognise that golf provides young people with many life skills and that they represent the future of the great game of golf that we all love. In this respect we want to ensure that we give young boys and girls the best possible start to their golfing lives. We believe the following package does just that.
We acknowledge that quality coaching for the young golfer is essential and that we must be mindful of the Safety and Welfare of young children who entrust themselves into the care of our Professionals and Junior Organisers. In this respect all coaches are qualified PGA professionals, have the appropriate insurance and, along with the Junior Organisers, are all DBS vetted (previously referred to as CRB checked).
If you'd like to see and understand more about our Junior Set-up and some of our juniors, please visit our Junior Section Facebook page by clicking HERE:
From April 2016, we are introducing a new category of membership, Academy Membership, which will provide our younger, less experienced with a great learning experience whilst being a 'member' of Bramshaw Golf Club. The Academy Membership fee is £25 + VAT and for this you will receive the following benefits:
- Bramshaw Junior Academy Shirt
- Recognition 'awards' for achievement of Start, Learn and Play levels of the Junior Passport Learning Programme.
- Opportunity to play up to 2 Red & Blue Tee games (on-course) with other juniors within the Club.
- Use of practice facilities.
- Invitation to junior Social Events.
- Pro-rata reimbursement of Academy Membership Fee when joining as a Junior Member.
Academy Programme & Benefits
- Use the nationally recognised Junior Golf Passport Scheme as the pathway for development.
- Commence with Tri-golf equipment (depending on age) and then progress through the other 6 levels, providing the necessary golf equipment free of charge.
- Coaching sessions will be of 1 hour minutes duration, which includes games and feedback.
- Incorporate coaching on all aspects of the game i.e. short game, long game, bunkers, chipping and putting
- Ensure that the coach/participant ratio is no more than 1:6
- Offer unlimited access to the Club’s practice facilities during each 6-week coaching module being undertaken
- Include on-course experience, playing 3 or 6 holes depending on age and ability
- Conclude each module with a feedback session for parents on the Junior’s achievements and future development advice
- Allocate an official handicap (either Club or CONGU) after the relevant number of holes are played.
- Include tuition on the basic Rules of Golf, etiquette and behaviour etc. (based on the Golf Foundation’s Skills for Life)
The cost for each session is £5